Blog Archive

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

The Next Step

This past week has been on again and off again with training. Through out this year I have struggled with a few bouts of sickness including on several separate occasions throwing up from what I can only think was some sort of food poisoning. After USA's was the last instance of my body rejecting the food that I have been eating and over the past two weeks it has been a battle trying to figure out what I can and can't eat. Jenna and I have been trying different eating plans and this is day 4 of a no wheat diet and I am finally starting to feel a little normal.

The food problems started back in January after I had strep throat and got on Amoxicillian. The last time I remember taking medication for strep was when I was younger. But I neglected to remember that I am allergic to any sort of Penicillin and so since that time my body has had strange reactions to certain foods.

After a few doctors visit with Dr. Molly at SLO Wellness Center (and I'm sure a few more in the future) I have learned a lot about how an antibiotic, especially if you are allergic to it, can mess up your bodies equilibrium. It seems that my body is having a big aversion to anything wheat based, even to the point of my tongue swelling after having a beer. Since basically the 11th event of the decathlon is eating it's something that needs to be fixed pronto.

In the next couple days I will be seeing an allergist in hopes of finding what my body is having an aversion to and in the meantime sticking to a strict no wheat diet. I had my second practice today which had a lot of jogging and stretching and my body feels a little weak from the lack of food and nutrients. But I feel as though I am on the upswing and look forward to the big days of training ahead.

Next meets on the schedule could include some of the wednesday night track meets in Atascadero as the track season in the U.S. winds down. But international competition is picking up and I look forward to representing the U.S. at the Pan America games and the Thorpe Cup which is in the middle of august. Both again great opportunities for me.

Until then there has been a new edition to the family that has kept Jenna and I on our toes. Say hello to Bradford:




He also keeps me busy running around the track:

YouTube Video


Stay tuned for more to come!

Chris Randolph

Location:Laguna Ln,San Luis Obispo,United States

No comments:

Post a Comment